Ann Peters collection ::: 36 images
Click on any image to see full details.
Ann Peters collection
Luddenden, Luddendenfoot and Midgley villages.
Black and white photos of Luddenden, Luddendenfoot and Midgley mostly dating from the 1980's
Copyright (c) 2006-2017 Pennine Horizons Digital Archive
- Ann Peters collection
Hathershelf Scout is in the far distance
Diamond House (Aldersons Plumbers) with Duke Street going off to the left.
Brownhill and Tincell off Thorney Lane, Midgeley
St Mary's church, now demolished, is just visible on the right. In the foreground is the aqueduct taking the Rochdale Canal over the River Lud. The building on the left, the former Mechanic's Institute, now Barley Wine; the building beyond this has…
The rear of buildings on High Street, between Halifax Lane and Stocks Lane. The building left of centre was formerly the Murgatroyd Arms, later Church House and now residential.
Seemingly undergoing restoration.
At the far end is the old C of E School with the old ‘lock-ups’ in the basement, now residential.
The building on the left is known locally as ‘Parkin’ and on the right is ‘The Bungalow’.
Looking towards Sowerby Bridge prior to restoration of the canal and tow path in the 1980s.
The part on the right hand end has now been demolished.
Known locally as ‘Parkin’ and seen here from the rear.
Possibly Thorney Lane Midgley.
Originally workers cottages for Oats Royd Mill
It was built by Gregory Patchett whose initials are on the gable window dripstone. The Inn was frequented by Bramwell Bronte during his time working at Luddendenfoot Station (1840/42) and it had a lending library at that time.
The cottages on the right were demolished in the 1970s, and a single house was built on the site, the tree is still there, 2014. The cottages were originally owned by Murgatroyds of Oats Royd Mill.
Building on the left hand side of the river bridge in the centre of the village.