Browse Items (6 total)

  • Tags: Banks

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00407.jpg
ALC00407. General town view c.1900. The new Birchcliffe Baptist Chapel (1899) just visible on the righthand hillside above Stubbings School but Riverside School (1908/9) being built on the land above the houses in the foreground. The Council Offices…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00406.jpg
ALC00406. View of the town and its mills c.1895. Behind Hope Baptist Chapel the large Co-Op Bulding and clock tower completed 1889 but looking left from it the Council Offices (1896) not yet built. Just visible lower right are railway wagons in the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00347.jpg
Pre First World War. Halifax Corporation tram number 73, came into service November 1902, photographed here at the terminus on New Road near the junction with Crown Street. Trams ran from Halifax to Hebden Bridge from 1901 to 1936. On the left is the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05058.jpg
Donkey cart on Albert Street crossing Hope Street; Hope Chapel to the right. Bank doorway behind (The plate is labelled "possibly with Dan Wilcock in 1920s" but the absence of tram cables visible on New Road would date it pre1901/2) Another caption…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05056.jpg
Band outside the bank building at the corner of Albert Street and Hope Street, name of the bank on the windows not discernible but now Lloyds Bank (2015). Date unknown.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2