Browse Items (34 total)

  • Tags: Birchcliffe Chapel

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00255.jpg
More or less in the centre the 'new' Birchcliffe Baptist Chapel in course of construction with the old Chapel above it to the left. Lower centre Nutclough Mill with part of Hangingroyd Mill and Hebden Works below.

Hebden Bridge's famous…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00212.jpg
The upper floor of the chapel after its first conversion as a community space. Now the Birchcliffe Centre with upper floor totally re-structured following a Heritage Lottery grant. See www.pennineheritage.org.uk/

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00312.jpg
The rear of the former Manse centre left. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC05782.jpg
Bridesmaid - Sonia Mitchell? Birchcliffe Chapel

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC05780.jpg
Anne & Jack Hamer. (nee Wilkinson). Birchcliffe Baptist Chapel, Hebden Bridge.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC05733.jpg
Clive and Beryl Sunderland (nee Clark). Left to right:- Molly Sunderland (nee McAuliffe), Jean Greatorex (nee Lumb), Clive, Beryl, Christine Stansfield (nee Lord) and Gillian?

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC05180.jpg
The old Birchcliffe Chapel can be seen with the graveyard visible before it was colonised by trees. Being built is the new Birchcliffe Chapel which was completed in 1898. Chapel Avenue is just a building site!

Nutclough Mill is in the centre of…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00830.jpg
pencil notes on back "RGS in 2/1952 BS of plates Marked on base"

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00486.jpg
The old Birchcliffe Baptist Chapel. Some of the stone was later used to build a Sunday School located behind the 'new' chapel which opened in 1898.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00485.jpg
The old Birchcliffe Baptist Chapel. Some of the stone was later used to build a Sunday School located behind the 'new' chapel which opened in 1898.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00481.jpg
Birchcliffe Baptist Chapel, probably ready for its opening on 31st October 1899. It closed as a chapel in February 1974 and was bought by the Joseph Rowntree Social Services Trust. A floor was built across at balcony level to provide an upper storey.…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00472.jpg
Formerly BT169NG. View over Hebden Bridge with Foster Mill and Foster Lane Chapel on the right and above them Nutclough Mill. On the far hillside is the old Birchcliffe Chapel. Heptonstall Road is on the left

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00472.jpg
Formerly BT169NG. View over Hebden Bridge with Foster Mill and Foster Lane Chapel on the right and above them Nutclough Mill. On the far hillside is the old Birchcliffe Chapel. Heptonstall Road is on the left

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00401.jpg
In the centre the almost complete 'new' and much larger Birchcliffe Baptist Chapel with Edward Street below in course of construction The large retaining walls supporting Keighley Road and Birchcliffe Road now in place.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00400.jpg
ALC00400. c.1890. In the foreground the Hangingroyd area and behind the steep cliff through which Keighley Road has been cut but not yet supported by the large retaining walls. To the left Hangingroyd Mill; in the centre Nutclough Mill and above it…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00399.jpg
c.1888. In the centre is Nutclough Mill before the extension to the left, and above 'old' Birchcliffe Chapel. Housing starting to be developed on the hillside; top right Cliffe Royd on Wadsworth Lane and right behind the north side of Blenheim…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2