Browse Items (1659 total)

  • Tags: Boy

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00180.jpg
Previously based at Millwood, the congregation moved to Roomfield in 1877, nearer to Todmorden Centre. The Chapel was demolished in 1953 due to dry rot and similarly the schoolroom in 1959. A new small Chapel opened at Roomfield in 1962.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00170.jpg
Todmorden National School, built on part of the church burial ground, had 153 scholars at the official opening ceremony in 1845. By 1851 this had increased to 294, although this figure included the Sunday School. There were 90 pupils in the day…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00139.jpg
Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00134.jpg
Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00132.jpg
Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00129.jpg
Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00127.jpg
Pace Egging (possibly at Brockwell). Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00126.jpg
Pace Egging (possibly at Brockwell). Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00125.jpg
Pace Egging (possibly at Brockwell). Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00124.jpg
Pace Egging (possibly at Brockwell). Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00118.jpg
Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00110.jpg
Unknown location. Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/JAE00259.jpg
Elisha Cruthers pictured in St Georges Square, Hebden Bridge c.2009

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00237.jpg
The Co-op weaving shed is on the right. In 1919 the fustian weavers co-operative at Nutclough Mill was acquired by the Co-operative Wholesale Society (CWS) but in 1967 the mill closed and the business transferred to Hebden Works seen here.

The…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00279.jpg
Taken 1971 with County Commissioner Charles Wilson receiving the Gilt Cross

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00184.jpg
Postcard with September 1914 postmark. Looking down Cragg vale to Dauber Bridge and Mytholmroyd beyond. In the days of the turnpike Dauber Bridge house, seen here, was a toll house.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2