Browse Items (68 total)

  • Tags: Bridge Mill

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TWA00256.jpg
ST. GEORGE'S BRIDGE, Hebden Bridge. was built in 1899, the cost being met by public subscription plus a grant from the West Riding County Council. The bridge had a very steep gradient, and before it was altered a chain horse was needed by loaded…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00183.jpg
The Civic Trust's annual clean-up of Hebden Water in the town centre seen here by the weir adjacent to Bridge Mill. Philip Round in the centre.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00181.jpg
The Civic Trust's annual river clean-up in the town centre seen here from Old Bridge looking towards St George's Bridge.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00134.jpg
Photo taken 1976 when Innovation relocated from 6-8 St Georges Square to the mill.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00205.jpg
In the centre Lees Yard Car Park originally the site of the White Horse Hotel, which was demolished 1962. More or less in the centre the Town Hall with Bridge Mill and chimney to its right and to the left of the Town Hall the Hole-in-the-Wall and…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00203.jpg
Looking down Hebden Water to the three bridges in the town centre; St Georges Bridge (1893, the Old Bridge (1510) and West End Bridge (1772).

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00107.jpg
Looking upstream from West End Bridge with Old Gate on the left and on the right the rear of now demolished buildings on Bridge Gate. Above these is St John's Church now replaced by housing. Only the cottages in the centre on the left have been…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00210.jpg
Postcard with July 1978 postmark. Bridge Mill is on the right; over the bridge can be seen the Council Offices, with Cross Lanes Chapel behind it on the hill.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAW00146.jpg
Taken from the end of Crown Street, on the other side of the Square The Shoulder of Mutton is on the left and Bridge Mill the right.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAW00142.jpg
Looking from West End Bridge towards Old Bridge with Old Gate on the left and the rear of buildings on Bridge Gate on the right.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAW00118.jpg
Taken in the 1960s. The single storey buildings on the right have been demolished.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAW00117.jpg
Taken in the 1960s. The open shed building on the right has now been opened up into a small square with shops.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAW00109.jpg
On the left is the Hole in the Wall and next to it the chimney of Hebden Bridge Mill. The building partly visible on the far right has now been demolished. Postcard.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00434.jpg
On the left the Council Offices under construction in about 1897 and on the right the rear of the Shoulder of Mutton and Bridge Mill. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00430.jpg
Bridge Mll is on the left and the shops of St Georges Square are in the foreground Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC01013.jpg
Old Gate on the left and in the centre is the chimney of Bridge Mill, above it St John's Church and just visible above that the pediment of Birchcliffe Chapel. The buildings on the right have been demolished and a water side walkway over the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00810.jpg
In the centre the Old Bridge and Bridge Mill Chimney with Old Gate on the left. The buildings on the right fronted onto Bridge Gate but all have been demolished.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2