Browse Items (56 total)

  • Tags: Burnley Road

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/AGW00256.jpg
This was a weaving shed, adjacent to Burnley Road. Now the site of Russell Dean furniture retailers

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00136.jpg
Burnley Road opposite Centre Vale Park, the park entrance can be seen on far left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00110.jpg
"I played on these steps". J F Nuttall pointing to steps at rear of old school room in 1953.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00104.jpg
Flood water pouring onto Burnley Road, Todmorden (Gandy Bridge)

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC00550.jpg
G.V. II Row of cottages. Late C18. Hammer dressed stone, stone slate roof. 5 single cells. 2 storeys. Each has doorway with sill ties and flat faced mullioned window of 5 lights to ground floor and of 6 lights to 1st floor all have lost some…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC00549.jpg
G.V. II

Row of single-cell cottages. Early C19. Hammer dressed stone, stone slate roof. Quoins. 2 storeys. Each has doorway with sill ties to jambs and flat faced mullioned window of 5 lights to ground floor and 6 lights to 1st floor. The ground…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC00548.jpg
G.V. II

Row of single-cell cottages. Early C19. Hammer dressed stone, stone slate roof. Quoins. 2 storeys. Each has doorway with sill ties to jambs and flat faced mullioned window of 5 lights to ground floor and 6 lights to 1st floor. The ground…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC00547.jpg
G.V. II

Row of single-cell cottages. Early C19. Hammer dressed stone, stone slate roof. Quoins. 2 storeys. Each has doorway with sill ties to jambs and flat faced mullioned window of 5 lights to ground floor and 6 lights to 1st floor. The ground…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CRN00220.jpg
Looking towards Whirlaw with Flower Scar beyond. August 3rd, 2002

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00206.jpg
The building on the extreme left, formerly the Freemason's Arms, was known as the 'red house', and is now apartments. The next 2 buildings have since been demolished, the next is now a cafe known as No 72 Burnley Road. 1916

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00128.jpg
Behind the tree is the White Lion pub, Burnley Road. The flower bed was one of the projects of Calder Civic Trust in the 1970s.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TNC00341.jpg
A good view of Cornholme with Bobbin Mill Close in the bottom centre, and Stoodley Pike on the far horizon. The railwayis the Burbley Branch from Todmorden or the Copy Pit Line as it is usually known.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TNC00323.jpg
The pub on the right is the Freemasons Arms also known locally as The Red House .

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TNC00296.jpg
Stone terrace with double stepped gable end

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TNC00293.jpg
Part of Vale Baptist Churchyard can see seen on the left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00292.jpg
Is this Burnley Road, Mytholmroyd?

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00256.jpg
Looking down the road in the Mytholmroyd direction. The newspaper bill boards are mentioning the total eclipse which took place 27th June 1927. The tram lines were lifted mid-1930s.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00253.jpg
A steam vehicle on Burnley Road passing tennis court and bowling green on Tillotson Holme and above long lines of railway goods wagons in the Station Goods Yard, closed 1962. St Mary's Church with its 126ft spire, demolished 1980, on the hillside

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00247.jpg
Looking along Burnley Road in the Halifax direction. The Halifax Corporation trams were withdrawn in the mid-1930s and all the buildings seen here on the left were demolished probably late 1970s.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00245.jpg
The church opened Good Friday 1859 with the lower part used as a school for mill workers. The church has closed and the building converted into dwellings.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00124.jpg
Poatcard with1931 postmark. Top left a tram on Burnley Road, they were withdrawn in 1936. Top right Dauber Bridge on Cragg Road and bottom right Hawksclough and bridge over the River Calder.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2