Browse Items (12 total)

  • Tags: Calder Holmes

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00206.jpg
Postcard with August 1915 postmark. Along the bottom are the terraced houses on Calder Bank, now long demolished, and to their left the small two storey Hebble End Dyeworks later enlarged and now (2015) apartments

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00423.jpg
Bowling green and pavilion and above the trees the gable end of the large Station Warehouse demolished following a fire in 1969. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00422.jpg
Probably mid-1960s. On the left the top of the gas holder on Station Road. The boys fishing in the Rochdale Canal with the overgrown canal arm just beyond the bridge; it was converted into the Marina in about 1984. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00353.jpg
Looking down stream. On the left fence and trees on Calder Holmes with the gas holder on Station Road. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00351.jpg
Bottom right Calder Holmes with part of Crossley Mill, destroyed by fire 1964. At the bottom St Thomas's Catholic Church and Presbytery. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00160.jpg
In the centre Stubbing Holme Dyeworks and to the right housing under construction on Stubbing Holmes. Up the valley Whiteley Arches and Calderside Mill. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05035.jpg
Date unknown but seemingly prior to the building of the Council offices in 1897/8 but after the enlargement of the impressive Co-op building with its clock tower in 1889, seen here behind Hope Baptist Chapel.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05032.jpg
General view across to the Stubbings hillside. Centre left the Board School which opened in 1878 and along from it the partially constructed Zion Particular Baptist Chapel which was constructed in 1881 and opened for worship in 1882.

Centre right…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05025.jpg
Victoria Bridge carries Station Road over the Calder; it was built in 1855 replacing a timber trestle bridge built for the station in 1839/40. The weir was to direct water to the wheelhouse for Mayroyd Mill. Just visible in the background Queens…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2