Browse Items (5 total)

  • Tags: Catholic Church

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00408.jpg
ALC00408. Centre foreground the Catholic Church of St Thomas of Canterbury, opened 1896 and next to it Pallis or by then Palace House. Above the Church is a tram on New Road. The Halifax Corporation trams reached Hebden Bridge in 1901.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00182.jpg
LYRS 1442 - Hughes 0-8-0 Number 1357 heading a goods train between Luddendenfoot and Sowerby Tunnel. To the right of the funnel, St Walburga's Catholic Church on Burnley Road is just visible.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00262.jpg
Taken at St Thomas's Catholic church, Fairfield. On the right, seated, is Mrs Wilkinson. The bridesmaid on the right is Sheila Wilkinson, next to her the bride's father is Mr Wilkinson; the bride may be Monica, and the bridesmaid on the left might be…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01108.jpg
The low white building in the foreground is Palace House, after which the road is named. The large building in the foreground on the left is the Roman Catholic Church which was built 1896 and closed in 1991.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01075.jpg
The bird bath and seat in the Memorial Gardens, Hebden Bridge with the houses of Fairfield and the Catholic Church in the background.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2