Browse Items (15 total)

  • Tags: Chapel

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CVH00185.jpg
Notice the cobbled footpath in front of these cottages. Donated by Yvonne Broadbent.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CVH00184.jpg
Alan Sutcliffe of 6 Upper Castle working on his land. you can see the Wesleyan Chapel and what was then the Post Office. Donated by Yvonne Broadbent.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00276.jpg
A composite picture showing the steps down from Heptonstall Road. The new Methodist church can be seen top left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00204.jpg
Heptonstall Slack Baptist Chapel Choir c.1909, taken to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Choirmaster, William Greenwood, nickname William the Singer.

Bottom row from left: Sarah Pickles, unknown, Francis Greenwood who was killed in the First…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00120.jpg
This church was located on Scout Road, and closed for worship in December 22014. The new organ was consecrated 24th October, 1903.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ING00117.jpg
This is where Sir Bernard started his career.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00143.jpg
Beyond the shops on the left is part of Melbourne Mill, now site of the Co-op,
beyond that the Salem Methodist Chapel and beyonf that the large Brecks Mill with the tall chimney of Calder Mill behind it. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC04550.jpg
The chapel was built in 1764 by a Methodist Society which had grown steadily since John Wesley’s first visit in 1747. At first it was a perfect octagon, but in 1802 the sides were extended and the gallery reconstructed to increase the capacity. The…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HBC00660.jpg
The architect of the chapel was William Henry Cockroft. Cross Lanes Chapel can be seen on the hillside behind.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2