Browse Items (64 total)

  • Tags: Council Offices

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TWA00256.jpg
ST. GEORGE'S BRIDGE, Hebden Bridge. was built in 1899, the cost being met by public subscription plus a grant from the West Riding County Council. The bridge had a very steep gradient, and before it was altered a chain horse was needed by loaded…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00181.jpg
The Civic Trust's annual river clean-up in the town centre seen here from Old Bridge looking towards St George's Bridge.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00154.jpg
Looking from St Georges Street with Valley Road going off bottom right and the corner of the Council Offices on the left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00213.jpg
Centre left the Shoulder of Mutton with to its right Bridge Mill and chimney and to the right of that the Council Offices now re-named the Town Hall.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00103.jpg
Taken from the church yard of the former St John's church above the Keighley Road, with the Council Offices in the centre and on the left the Shoulder of Mutton on Bridge Gate.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00210.jpg
Postcard with July 1978 postmark. Bridge Mill is on the right; over the bridge can be seen the Council Offices, with Cross Lanes Chapel behind it on the hill.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAW00135.jpg
On the right the Council Offices. The timber building on the left and the tall building the other side of the bridge have been demolished and the area opened up.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ING00127.jpg
1957 and Garnet was Chairman of Hebden Royd Urban District Concil, and the photo is taken in the Council Chamber, Hebden Bridge.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00451.jpg
Hebden Bridge's three bridges town centre bridges over Hebden Water. St Georges Bridge (1892), Old Bridge (1510), West End Bridge (1771). To the left the chimney of Bridge Mill. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00434.jpg
On the left the Council Offices under construction in about 1897 and on the right the rear of the Shoulder of Mutton and Bridge Mill. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC01448.jpg
Taken outside the former Council Offices in Hebden Bridge. The large doorway was the Fire Station. The top of the banner reads ' Cross Lanes' which was the United Methodist Chapel at the top of Buttress and in the middle is 'Band of Hope'.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00497.jpg
Looking down Hebden Water to the three bridges in the centre of the town. The chimney of Bridge Mill is on the left and the Council Offices, incorporating the Fire Station, is on the right

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00362.jpg
Looking at the bottom of the Buttress. Date unknown but the building on the right was part of Buttress Brink and demolished 1960s. Across on the hillside is Zion Baptist Chapel ,built 1881, and below that the buildings on Commercial Street and Garden…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00359.jpg
ALC00359. St Georges Bridge was built in 1893 and here in about 1896 the partially constructed Council Offices are on the left. The rear of the Shoulder of Mutton on the right with Bridge Mill beyond.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00358.jpg
ALC00358. St Georges Bridge across the Hebden Water was erected in 1893. The houses to the left on Blackwater Street were demolished about 1896 to make way for the new Council's Offices. On the right the rear of the Shoulder of Mutton and beyond is…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2