Browse Items (17 total)

  • Tags: Cragg Road

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00234.jpg
Undated postcard. The building in the centre with name boards is the Sportsman Inn, now a private house, on Cragg Road. Below the building on the right is the road dropping down to St John's Church and the Hinchliffe Arms.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00230.jpg
Postcard with January 1951 postmark. The two farms in the centre of the picture are Lower and Upper Clough Foot.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00227.jpg
Looking down Cragg Road towards Mytholmroyd. The Methodist Chapel, now a private house, is on the left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00226.jpg
Postcard with January 1906 postmark. Cragg Post Office is on the left and further along Cragg Vale Co-operative store with the Working Men's Club next door to that.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00225.jpg
On the left is the Sportsman Inn which closed many years ago and now a private house. On the right, by the lamp post, is the road down to St John's Church, and the Hinchliffe Arms. In the centre is the Board, ie Council, School. The car has a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00224.jpg
Postcard with July 1959 postmark. Looking down Cragg Road towards Mytholmroyd. The Methodist Chapel, now a private house, is on the left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00184.jpg
Postcard with September 1914 postmark. Looking down Cragg vale to Dauber Bridge and Mytholmroyd beyond. In the days of the turnpike Dauber Bridge house, seen here, was a toll house.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00163.jpg
Postcard probably early 1920s. View looking over Cragg Road.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00160.jpg
Undated postcard. Looking towards Mytholmroyd. The building at the far end of the row on the left is the former fire station with the then Council Offices next door.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00159.jpg
Undated postcard. Looking towards Dauber Bridge. The women's dress suggests possibly pre-First World War. Intriguingly the postcard contains some rudimentary re-touching.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00157.jpg
Undated postcard. During late Victorian and Edwardian times this was a popular beauty spot for a country walk. The little building right of centre was once a toll house.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00156.jpg
Undated postcard. The junction of Scout Road, left, and Cragg Road. The building behind the signpost is the Library; note the drinking fountain, which was donated by Sir Charles Robertshaw.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00124.jpg
Poatcard with1931 postmark. Top left a tram on Burnley Road, they were withdrawn in 1936. Top right Dauber Bridge on Cragg Road and bottom right Hawksclough and bridge over the River Calder.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00331.jpg
Probably Hebden Bridge area 1960s. Can you identify? Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2