Browse Items (25 total)

  • Tags: Cross_Lanes_Chapel

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00142.jpg
Looking over to Heptonstall Road with Heptonstall Church on the skyline. Early 20th century prior to building of Riverside School in 1909.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00188.jpg
Looking across the town from Cross Lanes Chapel Grave Yard at the top of the Buttress. Date unknown but prior to demolition of dwellings on Commercial Street in 1965.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00219.jpg
Undated postcard. Towards top left is Cross Lanes Chapel which was destroyed by fire in the mid-1960s having closed for worship in 1958.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00367.jpg
The chapel at the top of the Buttress opened in 1840 and closed due to declining attendance in 1958 and was then destroyed by fire in the mid 1960s. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00366.jpg
The chapel at the top of the Buttress opened in 1840 and closed due to declining attendance in 1958 and was then destroyed by fire in the mid 1960s. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00342.jpg
At the bottom Pallis House and above it Hope Baptist Chapel. The large storeyed mill more or less in the centre is Foster Mill. Top left Heptonstall Road and Cross Lanes Chapel. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00341.jpg
In the centre Hope Baptist Chapel, and above the buildings the large storeyed Foster Mill, far right the chimney of Crossley Mill. Top left Cross Lanes Chapel at the top of The Buttress Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00339.jpg
Looking over Hebden Bridge from Wood Top area. Bottom centre gas holder on Station Road and Crossley Mill above it. The mill was destroyed by fire in 1964. On the hill below Heptonstall Cross Lanes Methodist Chapel destroyed mid 1960s. Part of the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00326.jpg
Centre left Moss Lane climbing up to Lee Wood Road with Cross Lanes Methodist Chapel, destroyed by fire mid 1960s, to the left. Heptonstall above it. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC01448.jpg
Taken outside the former Council Offices in Hebden Bridge. The large doorway was the Fire Station. The top of the banner reads ' Cross Lanes' which was the United Methodist Chapel at the top of Buttress and in the middle is 'Band of Hope'.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00406.jpg
ALC00406. View of the town and its mills c.1895. Behind Hope Baptist Chapel the large Co-Op Bulding and clock tower completed 1889 but looking left from it the Council Offices (1896) not yet built. Just visible lower right are railway wagons in the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00404.jpg
General view from Fairfield c.1880. In the centre is Pallis or Pallisser House; the pallisser was responsible for looking after the fence around the medieval deer park. The blur of white is smoke or steam from a train in the cutting. Centre right the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00403.jpg
ALC00403. General view from Fairfield c.1910. The three chimneys from left to right are Beehive Works, Breck Mill and Salem Mill. The houses front right fronting on to what is now Palace House Road. The path on the left leading up to Old Chamber.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00402.jpg
Mid-1880s. Hope Baptist Chapel overlooking open fields, behind it diagonally right is Nutclough Mill. Top left is Cross Lanes United Methodist Chapel.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00396.jpg
Pre-1960. Looking from above Palace House Road over to Heptonstall Road and Cross Lanes Chapel on the hillside, demolished in the mid-1960s. Bottom right corner the top of Hope Baptist just visible.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00378.jpg
ALC00378. In the centre is Foster Lane Wesleyan Chapel which opened in 1904 and closed and demolished in the mid-1960s. To the right is Foster Mill, demolished early 1980s, and top left Cross Lanes United Methodist Chapel, opened 1840 destroyed by…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00127.jpg
The Cross Lanes Society was formed from two Methodist groups from Hebden Bridge and Heptonstall. They decided to join together and build a new chapel at a half way site. The land cost £289 4s 0d in 1838?. Plans by Mr John Nicholson were accepted.…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05534.jpg
The Hole in the Wall is on the right, Buttress on the left, with Royd Terrace in between. On the sky line is Cross Lanes Chapel.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HBC00765.jpg
Taken from Fairfield the railway warehouse is prominent, with to the left of it many wagons in the sidings.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2