Browse Items (5 total)

  • Tags: Dulesgate

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00278.jpg
Situated on the Bacup Road from Gauxholme. Top left the remains of the waterwheel casement of Gorpley Mill, demolished in 1894.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00275.jpg
Built in 1805 and taken over by the Ormerods in 1823 for cotton spinning and extended in 1838. They vacated it in 1865 and it stood empty for many years before being demolished in 1894. Seen here shortly before demolition.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00269.jpg
Looking down the clough in the direction of Gauxholme.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00268.jpg
On the Bacup Road out of Gauxholme.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2