Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: Ebenezer Baptist Chapel

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00285.jpg
Market Street, Hebden Bridge. The former Ebenezer Chapel. Now a gallery and the Hebden Bridge Times no longer has a presence in the town! See it now. The following text is taken from Looking Back at Hebden Bridge by Frank Horsfall & Terry Wyke…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00233.jpg
The former Ebenezer Chapel on Market Street, Hebden Bridge. The Latin inscription on the sun dial reads "What thou seekest is a shadow". The Hebden Bridge Times moved out many years ago to Crown Street and now no longer have an office in the town!

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05118.jpg
HLS05118. John Fawcett from Bradford became minister to the Particular Baptists at Wainsgate in 1764. Whislt still minister there he moved to Brearley Hall and opened a college there for young men. Then in 1777 he opened Ebenezer Chapel down in…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01042.jpg
The chapel was built in 1777. Seen here in use as the premises of the Hebden Bridge Times. This photo therefore predates its move to a new location in Crown Street in1979.

The following text is taken from Looking Back at Hebden Bridge by Frank…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2