Browse Items (24 total)

  • Tags: Foster Lane

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00225.jpg
In the centre of the photo is Foster Mill and above it Hollins and on the top of the hillside houses in Heptonstall.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00216.jpg
Looking down from its junction with Keighley Road. Going off to the right is Lees Road which was part of the original 1815 turnpike road to Keighley.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00139.jpg
These houses are on Foster Lane, Highfield Crescent, known as the frying pan because of its shape, can be seen in the background. The cobbled road runs down to Victoria Road. The small building to the left of the lamppost was for many years a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00476.jpg
General view over Woodend, Nutclough and Birchcliffe. View over Hebden Bridge with Foster Mill and Foster Lane Chapel on the right and above them Nutclough Mill. On the far hillside is the old Birchcliffe Chapel. Heptonstall Road is on the left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00472.jpg
Formerly BT169NG. View over Hebden Bridge with Foster Mill and Foster Lane Chapel on the right and above them Nutclough Mill. On the far hillside is the old Birchcliffe Chapel. Heptonstall Road is on the left

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00472.jpg
Formerly BT169NG. View over Hebden Bridge with Foster Mill and Foster Lane Chapel on the right and above them Nutclough Mill. On the far hillside is the old Birchcliffe Chapel. Heptonstall Road is on the left

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00399.jpg
c.1888. In the centre is Nutclough Mill before the extension to the left, and above 'old' Birchcliffe Chapel. Housing starting to be developed on the hillside; top right Cliffe Royd on Wadsworth Lane and right behind the north side of Blenheim…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00218.jpg
Circa 1900. Foster Mill, owned by Redman Bros, was part of the Hebden Estate Company. William Henry Cockroft designed the Methodist Chapel. Moss Lane on the hillside leads to Heptonstall Road. Top left is Cross Lanes Chapel with the Manse on the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/JSB00102.jpg
Looking down Foster Lane from Keighley Road at the junction with Lees Road, Hebden Bridge, with Windsor Road in the background.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HBC00660.jpg
The architect of the chapel was William Henry Cockroft. Cross Lanes Chapel can be seen on the hillside behind.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HBC00659.jpg
Nutclough Mill is near the centre of the picture, with the old Birchcliffe Chapel to the right of centre higher up.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DTA00135.jpg
The so called 'frying pan alley' centre left dropping down to Foster Lane.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2