Browse Items (43 total)

  • Tags: Goods Yard

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00253.jpg
A steam vehicle on Burnley Road passing tennis court and bowling green on Tillotson Holme and above long lines of railway goods wagons in the Station Goods Yard, closed 1962. St Mary's Church with its 126ft spire, demolished 1980, on the hillside

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00465.jpg
Probably about 1900. Bottom right the 'new' station built in 1891/2 and to its left the large station goods warehouse. Across Calder Holmes from it the extensive Crossley's mill.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00456.jpg
View from the north hillside across Station Road to the coal drops and the goods yard. Date unknown but the station closed in 1962 and the goods yard in 1965. The only evidence there once was a station here is in the name 'Station Road'.

The parish…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00431.jpg
ALC00431. Date unknown but the land in the foreground not yet levelled for the construction of the railway siding in 1919. Centre right

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00414.jpg
Bottom centre the passenger station and to its left the large railway warehouse and goods sidings. Above them can be seen Riverside School, originally Hebden Bridge Grammar School which opened 1909. At the top of Station Road by Princes Bridge is…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00413.jpg
View across the railway station to the town. The passenger station, re-built 1891/2, wedged between Victoria Mill to its right and the large railway warehouse to the left and beyond it Crossley Mill. Bottom right the Crow Nest Works of the joint…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00304.jpg
LYRS 2685 - The remains of Elland Station in about 1964. The first station opened near the tunnel in 1841 but this, the third station, with its island platform dated from 1894. The station and goods yard closed in 1962 and the station warehouse on…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00295.jpg
LYRS 6684 - The sidings have been recently lifted and the shed in a poor state of repair pending demolition.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00273.jpg
LYRS 0467 - Aspinall 0-6-0ST No. unknown at the Goods Yard, including wagons for a Burnley based colliery. The yard closed to general goods in 1964 and to coal in 1972; it is now the station car park.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00250.jpg
LYRS 2793n - Date unknown but in LYR days pre-1922 The Goods Yard is now the Station Car Park and the canopies and signals as well as the buildings on the left hand platform have now all gone. Cross Stone Church on the skyline

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00249.jpg
LYRS2797a. Looking east over the station and the town. The goods yard is now the station car park and most of the station buildings have now gone. The Stansfield or Todmorden Curve can just be seen on the far left going off beyond the signal box.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00223.jpg
LYRS 8453 - The Goods Yard looking north west from the westbound platform. Date unknown but the yard looks derelict and goods facilities were withdrawn in 1966. The warehouse was let for general storage but demolished following a serious fire in…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00222.jpg
LYRS 8452 -Date unknown but following demolition of Victoria Mill in the later 1960s. General view of the Goods Warehouse, platforms, station buildings and canopies looking east. Only one of the former three taking-in door hoists on the warehouse is…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00221.jpg
LYRS6051 - Goods facilities were withdrawn in 1966 and the goods yard closed and dismantled. The warehouse was let for general storage but was demolished in 1969 following a serious fire. The site is now the station car park. . The square wood clad…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00220.jpg
LYRS6050. The large double bay station warehouse in 1963 but with only one of the former three taking-in door hoists left. Goods facilities were withdrawn in 1966 and the warehouse let for general storage. It was demolished in 1969 following a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00210.jpg
LYRS2701. Early 20thc. pre-1908 view across the railway station to the town. The passenger station, re-built 1891/2, wedged between Victoria Mill to its right and the large railway warehouse to the left, the second bay of which built in 1884 still…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00194.jpg
LYRS6089. 1963. Disused horse drawn dray belonging to F&H Sutcliffe of Wood Top, Hebden Bridge in the station yard which by then was closed.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00188.jpg
LYRS60286. 1963 and the then recently closed Goods Shed, now demolished, looking up the line towards Mytholmroyd from the road overbridge. Part of the 'up' platform just visible on the left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00187.jpg
LYRS6074. 1963 the Goods Shed and crane after closure of the station the previous year.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00180.jpg
LYRS 3462n - C.1927. Halifax St Paul's Coal Depot - general view of depot including track, wagons and buildings. The joint L&YR and GNR line opened in 1890 from a junction at Holmfield on the Halifax - Queensbury line up to a terminus station known…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00178.jpg
LYRS 2317 - John Crossley & Sons No 42 - part of 7-plank wagon in the private siding at North Bridge. The sidings have gone and the vast Dean Clough complex no longer manufactures carpets but is now in mixed commercial usage. longer

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00177.jpg
LYRS 4266 - 1930. General view of station platforms and canopies and the unusual signal box looking south with the goods yard beyond. The station opened for goods traffic in 1874 when the line to Holmfield was constructed and for passengers in 1880…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00176.jpg
LYRS 3831b - General view of station, unusual signal box and goods yard looking south. The station opened for goods traffic in 1874 when the line to Holmfield was constructed and for passengers in 1880 and closed to them in 1955 when the Queensbury…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00175.jpg
LYRS2700. Date unknown but probably about 1970. The connections to the GNR platforms to the station front have gone as has the Platform 3 line to the rear but the track to North Bridge is still there. The only railway activity today centres on the…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2