Browse Items (277 total)

  • Tags: Graveyard

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00134.jpg
St Peters Church was constructed in 1845 when Walsden became a Parish in its own right and no longer part of Todmorden Parish. The church was consecrated in 1848.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00118.jpg
The Parish Church of Hebden Bridge, dedicated to St James the Great, was consecrated in 1833. The church was built on land given by the Revd. James Armitage Rhodes and his wife Mary, who lived at nearby Mytholm Hall.

One of the Mytholm silk mills…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00117.jpg
The old parish church of St Thomas a Beckett at Heptonstall. was founded in the 13th century although much of the ruin that still stands dates from the 15th century. The new church dedicated to St Thomas the Apostle was built in 1854, after a fierce…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00104.jpg
Taken in 1976 by a Manchester Polytechnic photographer as part of a research project on the area.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TNC00427.jpg
A rather crowded graveyard at Mankinholes with Stoodley Pike in the background.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TNC00293.jpg
Part of Vale Baptist Churchyard can see seen on the left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/JAE00539.jpg
Pictured in the graveyard at St James Parish Church, Hebden Bridge. c.2009

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/JAE00439.jpg
Pictured in the graveyard at St James Parish Church, Hebden Bridge. c.2009

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/JAE00438.jpg
Pictured in the graveyard at St James Parish Church, Hebden Bridge. c.2009

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00199.jpg
View over the town from the Chapel Graveyard at the top of the Buttress. The Chapel closed in 1958 and was destroyed by fire in the mid-1960s. The debris here could be following demolition.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00188.jpg
Looking across the town from Cross Lanes Chapel Grave Yard at the top of the Buttress. Date unknown but prior to demolition of dwellings on Commercial Street in 1965.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00233.jpg
Postcard with 1917 postmark. This church, built in 1838 to replace a smaller church constructed in 1813, was paid for from the 'million pound fund'. An Act of Parliament allocated £1 million to build churches in the rapidly expanding industrial areas…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00202.jpg
Undated postcard 'Exclusive to B Adams, Newsagent, 8 New Road, Mytholmroyd'. Mytholmroyd War Memorial; St Michael's Church; Shoulder of Mutton; Cragg Vale.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00115.jpg
Postcard with 1953 postmark. The foundation stone was laid in 1847 and the church was consecrated in 1848, was enlarged in 1887 and the following year the foundation stone was laid for a new chancel. Distinctively it has a small octagonal spire on…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00112.jpg
Postcard with possible 1909 postmark. The foundation stone for the Church was laid in 1847 and the church was consecrated in 1848. The church was enlarged in 1887 and the following year the foundation stone was laid for a new chancel. Distinctively…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00111.jpg
Post card with 1917 postmark. The foundation stone for the church was laid in 1847 and the church was consecrated in 1848. The church was enlarged in 1887 and the following year the foundation stone was laid for a new chancel. Distinctively it has a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00110.jpg
Undated postcard. The Church foundation stone was laid in 1847 and the church was consecrated in 1848. The church was enlarged in 1887 and the following year the foundation stone was laid for a new chancel. Distinctively it has a small octagonal…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00364.jpg
Grave marker for A Gibson of Langfield who died on 23rd March 1601. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00359.jpg
One of the few churches in England dedicated to St Thomas a Becket. The Chantry house can be seen through the graveyard and the pinnacles of the porch of the new church are on the right. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2