Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: Halifax - Todmorden Turnpike

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05080.jpg
Engraving by J Shore c.1855. Looking up from Stubbing Holme where the Colden Water joins the River Calder, the 'mytholm'. Above is Mytholm Hall, St James Parish Church and above that Eaves Lower and Upper Mills and to the right Bankfoot Mill, now the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05065.jpg
Old Gate was constructed probably in the 1760s as part of the Halifax - Todmorden Turnpike which entered the town on Commercial Street to the front of the White Lion then left to continue over the Old Bridge and then left again. It ceased to be part…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2