Browse Items (7 total)

  • Tags: Hangingroyd Road

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00340.jpg
Looking up Hangingroyd Road from Salem Chapel, possibly late 1950s or early 1960s. The building extreme right is where the Co-op is today.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00324.jpg
1962. Salem Methodist Chapel on Market Street opposite Hangingroyd Road. Built in 1885 it was demolished in 1973 and replaced by the present Methodist Church.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01115.jpg
Shows how the bridge had been widened and rebuilt. The building on the right is the former Neptune Inn.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2