Browse Items (41 total)

  • Tags: Heptonstall Road

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00299.jpg
After the demolition of the High Street and Bridge Lanes houses. The site was left derelict for many years.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00291.jpg
The new Methodist Sunday School is in the process of being built with Salem Chapel to its left. The large building to the left is Melbourne Mill prior to its demolition (illegally, at 6 am on a Sunday morning without planning consent) to make way…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00277.jpg
On the right looking down Heptonstall Road to its junction with Bridge lanes and on the left a view of Bridge Lanes from Heptonstall Road.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00274.jpg
Bridge Lanes going down on the right and Heptonstall Road going up in the centre. Taken in the 1960s, post demolition of High Street houses and houses on Bridge Lanes north side..

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00257.jpg
Following demolition of dwellings on the north side of Bridge Lanes and High Street in 1964. The site was left derelict for some years.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00228.jpg
The houses on the right are Cliffe Royd and to their left terraced houses on Blenheim Street. Heptonstall Road climbing up to the village.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00201.jpg
Looking down on the town with the landmark chimney of Calder Mill on the right, the mill itself was gutted by fire in November 1964. Heptonstall Road climbing the hillside in the centre but below it housing on High Street and on the north side of…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00149.jpg
The buildings on the right down Bridge Lanes were demolished in the mid-1960s. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00147.jpg
The junction of Heptonstall Road and Bridge lanes with the 'Fox & Goose'. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00403.jpg
ALC00403. General view from Fairfield c.1910. The three chimneys from left to right are Beehive Works, Breck Mill and Salem Mill. The houses front right fronting on to what is now Palace House Road. The path on the left leading up to Old Chamber.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00397.jpg
ALC00397. Bottom of Heptonstall Road prior to the demolition of the north side of Bridge Lanes in 1964.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00396.jpg
Pre-1960. Looking from above Palace House Road over to Heptonstall Road and Cross Lanes Chapel on the hillside, demolished in the mid-1960s. Bottom right corner the top of Hope Baptist just visible.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00395.jpg
Looking over the buildings on the south side of Bridge Lanes to Heptonstall Road shortly after the north side had been demolished in 1964.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00388.jpg
Clearing the site for flats at Mytholm Close. The near buildings on the right are opposite the bottom of Heptonstall Road. Just visible to their left is the Fox & Goose and to their right the undemolished north side of Bridge Lanes. Adelaide Street…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00373.jpg
ALC00373. Looking down the Cuckoo Steps, still there, which run from Heptonstall Road, down to Bridge lanes. All of the buildings seen here have been demolished, centre right is High Street.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00366.jpg
St Georges Square looking across to the Shoulder of Mutton and behind can be seen partially demolished buildings on Buttress Brink.. The car in the foreground has a 1968/9 'G' registration number. Note the water tank on the top of the building on the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00344.jpg
Bankfoot Garage, with a single petrol pump, looking up towards buildings on Heptonstall Road. The left-hand drive car by the garage has a post-1921 Leeds registration number.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00343.jpg
ALC00343. Left-hand drive car at the bottom of Bankfoot looking up to Bridge Lanes.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00341.jpg
Looking up Heptonstall Road with Bridge Lanes going down to the right before demolition in 1964. The 'Fox & Goose' far left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00127.jpg
The Cross Lanes Society was formed from two Methodist groups from Hebden Bridge and Heptonstall. They decided to join together and build a new chapel at a half way site. The land cost £289 4s 0d in 1838?. Plans by Mr John Nicholson were accepted.…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2