Browse Items (50 total)

  • Tags: Valley Road

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00297.jpg
This building is believed to have come from Dawson City, above Heptonstall, which was the hutted village for the workforce building the Walshaw Dean Reservoirs. Seen here as a hardware shop, prior to this it housed the offices of a coal merchant.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00154.jpg
Looking from St Georges Street with Valley Road going off bottom right and the corner of the Council Offices on the left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00276.jpg
In the centre, over the river from the playground, one of the buildings of Hangingroyd Mill in a derelict condition with the mill yard used for parking for Shepherds wagons, now the site of Waterside Fold. The building on the right was also part of…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00275.jpg
The part derelict and part demolished mill buildings on Valley Road/Moss Lane seen here from the rear. The detritus in the foreground is on the site of one of the mill buildings which straddled Hebden Water to connect the two parts of the mill on…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00274.jpg
The part derelict and part demolished mill buildings on Valley Road/Moss Lane seen here from the rear. The detritus in the foreground is on the site of one of the mill buildings which straddled Hebden Water to connect the two parts of the mill on…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00272.jpg
Looking down from Victoria Road with the bridge over Hebden Water in the foreground. On the left part of Hangingroyd Mill in a state of dereliction, now the site of Waterside Fold. The buildings on the left have been partly demolished to widen the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00270.jpg
Looking from the bridge over the Hebden Water at the top of Valley Road up to Heptonstall Hillside. On the right part of the mill on Victoria Road and in the centre the bridge where a mill building had straddled the river. On the left Shepherd's…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00264.jpg
Viewed from Keighley Road over the north light roof of Hebden Works, now partly demolished. To the right above the north lights is Hangingroyd Mill at the junction of Valley Road and Victoria Road, parts of which straggled the river. The open area…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00260.jpg
Looking along Moss Lane to its junction with Valley Road. The derelict mill is now site of Waterside Fold and the building at the end of the road has also been demolished.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00256.jpg
Looking down Valley Road taken from the former Hangingroyd Mill. Bottom right junction with Moss Lane and the single storey building on the left has gone.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00249.jpg
Site of part of Hangingroyd Mill at the top of Valley Road with the mill yard to the left. The site now occupied by Waterside Fold.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00248.jpg
The vehicles in the foreground are on the yard of the derelict Hangingroyd Mill and the mill building on the left is straddling the river. The yard is now largely site of Waterside Fold. The vehicles across the road are in the yard of Hebden Shed or…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00241.jpg
The lorries parked in the yard of the derelict Hangingroyd Mill now site of Waterside Fold at the top of Valley Road. The vehicle facing the camera has a 1978/9 registration plate.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00239.jpg
The derelict building on the left is part of Hangingroyd Mill at the junction of Moss Lane and Valley Road. The site of the mill is now Waterside Fold and most of the building on the left has also gone.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00237.jpg
The Co-op weaving shed is on the right. In 1919 the fustian weavers co-operative at Nutclough Mill was acquired by the Co-operative Wholesale Society (CWS) but in 1967 the mill closed and the business transferred to Hebden Works seen here.

The…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00236.jpg
The Co-op weaving shed is on the right. In 1919 the fustian weavers co-operative at Nutclough Mill was acquired by the Co-operative Wholesale Society (CWS) but in 1967 the mill closed and the business transferred to Hebden Works seen here.

The…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00211.jpg
Still held in the same place between Valley Road and Hangingroyd Lane but today it has been landscaped.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00195.jpg
The weaving shed with its north lights roof and Hebden Water taken from Nutclough Mill. Victoria Road top centre going off to the left; top left part of Hangingroyd Mill, long demolished, and the single storey building in front of it is now the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00114.jpg
This car park was for many years the site of the market on Wednesdays and Thursdays. During World War II a children's nursery was housed in a wooden building here. Bonsall's ironmongers shop can be seen behind the wagon on the right.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00438.jpg
Looking across to buildings on Valley Road which have now been replaced with a block of offices and shops. The single storey building in the centre was a nursery opened as a wartime measure but closed in 1955 due to a fall in numbers. Part of the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00437.jpg
Looking up Valley Road with Market Place on the left and above the top of the stalls windows in the Astin Greenwood sewing factory, replaced with the Health Centre in 1998. The buildings on the right replaced with a block of offices and shops. Part…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2